Visitor Visa

After a holiday in the sun? Time to visit family or friends? Have an event to attend? If you are looking to come to Australia for a holiday or wish to remain in Australia to extend your holiday, you may be eligible to apply for a Visitor Visa.


Visitor Visas

You may be able to apply for a particular Vistor Visa to enter Australia and another to extend your holiday.

Are you in Australia and want to extend your stay? Are you outside Australia and would like to holiday here or visit family and friends?

One of the following options may be for you:

  • Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601)
  • eVisitor (subclass 651)
  • Visitor visa (600) – family sponsored or independent stream

Whether you are eligible to apply for one of these visas will depend on your country of origin. You may be able to apply for one type of visa to enter Australia and another to extend your holiday. This will depend on your specific circumstances. For more information, please contact us.

Does this visa give me permanent residency?

These visas are temporary visas. The length of the visa you are granted will depend on your specific circumstances. Please contact us for more information.

It doesn’t sound like I meet the requirements, what’s next?

Immigration law is extremely complex and rapidly changing. The above information might be confusing or overwhelming if you are not experienced in this area of law. If you are thinking of applying for this visa, or any visa, contact us. In some instances, our clients were not aware of their options and opportunities for immigration to Australia. If you do not qualify for this visa, we may be able to give advice regarding another type of visa you can apply for.

What to do next?

Contact us!

Do not try to attempt a visa application yourself. If you have a visa refused, or lodge a visa only to later withdraw – you may jeopardise your chances of staying in Australia.

Patel Gahagan Lawyers are practiced, knowledgeable and approachable. Contact us for further advice and assistance.